Confirm the power switch is in the "on" position. If power is on and the unit will still not function, please preoceed as follows:
- Slide the power switch back to the "off" position.
- Remove the battery compartment door.
- Check for corrosion or fabric on the contacts inside the battery compartment. If the contacts look corroded, cleaning the contact with a dry Scotchbrite pad or steel wool can help improve conductivity. At times, pieces of the plush fabric used for the skin of the twilight unit can get caught in the contact. Please remove any loose fibers around the contacts.
- Confirm the batteries are in the proper positive and negative orientation inside the battery compartment.
- Confirm that the batteries have been completely "snapped" into the battery compartment.
- Re-install the battery compartment door and fasten.
- Slide the power switch on the bottom of the unit back to the "on" position.
- If all of the above has been checked and the unit will still not turn on, it may be an issue with the new batteries. Try a brand with a longer “neck” on the positive end of the battery. The longer neck will make better contact with the battery terminals. Although Cloud b has no affiliation with any battery manufacturer we have noticed that Ray-o-vac batteries usually have longer necks on the positiive terminals and work well in our products. Please contact Customer Care for suggestions If none of the above recommendations work and your product is still within warranty, please contact Customer Care.